If you are in the market for a new or “new to you” car, do yourself a favor and carefully consider the Honda Civic. Here are some of the best reasons that the Civic needs to be at the top of your short list.
- Honda has a long and successful track record with the Civic; it has been a great selling vehicle for over 40 years.
- People love the Civic. US News & World Report called the Honda Civic one of the most popular small cars on the market.
- They are reliable. The Civic makes GizMag’s list of Top 100 most reliable cars of the last decade.
- The Honda Civic excels in fuel-efficiency ratings. According to www.fueleconomy.gov the Civic averages only $1,300 per year in fuel costs.
- Honda Civic comes standard with great safety features. Some critical standard safety features include lane departure, front collision warning systems and a rear-view camera.
- Honda’s are notorious for being made to last. In fact, a recent AutoTrader.com search revealed over 500 used Honda Civics for sale, each with over 200,000 miles on the odometer. These cars just keep going!
- Civics stay on the cutting edge with technology the 2015 model comes with standard Bluetooth pairing and an available text reading system. These are important safety features for a digital world.
- There are plenty of choices. There are five models to choose from and a nice variety of styles within each range. Whether you are looking for a sedan, coupe, something sporty, a hybrid or maybe a combination of these the Honda Civic has got you covered.
- Civic gets top marks in safety, including a 5-star overall crash-test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and a Top Safety Pick designation from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) make the Civic a smart choice.
- They are easy to repair and locate parts for. Being one of the best selling cars in America it is usually easy to get your car repaired. You will not have to wait for parts to be ordered and shipped like you will with the big, foreign SUV’s.
- They are a great size. The sedans have a good amount of room for a “small”car. They have nice deep trunks that can easily hold the family’s luggage for a road trip. However, they are small enough to fit in any parking place with ease.
- They are reasonable to insure. Dollar for dollar the Honda Civic is in a low insurance group. A few reasons for this is that there are many of them on the road, they are reliable, get good safety ratings, they are easy to find parts for, and easy to repair.
Overall there are many reasons that the Honda Civic should be your next choice for a practical vehicle.